Why We Need Your Help
The Community Services Coalition is a 501(c)(3) private, non-profit corporation, which relies on the generous support of individuals, corporations, foundations, churches and civic associations in order to serve those in need in our service area. While we do receive government funding, we must also seek support from private sources. Contributions can be financial or in the form of donated (“in-kind”) goods or services. All contributions to CSC are tax deductible.
Ways of Giving
- Time (Volunteer Hours)
The selfless giving of your time is a gift whose value cannot be overestimated. CSC has many opportunities for those wishing to volunteer, including:
- Community Services Network Referral
- Fundraising event planning
- Website Construction
- Agency Newsletter
For more information, please call 757-220-4249
- Financial Contributions
By mail: To make a donation by check, please make check payable to Community Services Coalition and mail to:
312 Waller Mill Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
How Your Church, School or Civic Group Can Help
Churches, schools, and civic organizations can provide much-needed assistance to our four emergency shelters serving homeless families and individuals:
- Host a collection for one month. Collect food and household supplies for use at FISH.
- Hold a Penny Drive. Provide jars or cans (we’ll provide the labels) for collecting pennies. Set a goal or a time limit and then donate the “Change for a Change” to CSC.
- Plan and implement a fundraising event. Examples could include spaghetti dinners, bake sales, flea markets, auctions, covered dish suppers or special collections. Speakers are available to help with the event. Please call 757-220-4249.
- Holiday Help: Collect or donate toys, clothing during the holiday season. Please call 757-220-4249 for more information.