Historic Triangle & Messmer Community Services Center

Serving the City of Williamsburg and the Counties of James City and York

Home / About Us

About Us

About Us




With generous financial help from the City of Williamsburg, the Counties of James City and York, Colonial Williamsburg and Anheuser-Busch Companies, and more than 500 businesses, churches, service clubs, organizations and individuals, the Community Services Coalition purchased, renovated and opened the new Historic Triangle Community Services Center in November, 1994.

Today, our Center is home to about a dozen agencies which serve individuals, families and groups in all three local communities. They seek to improve the lives of thousands of clients from toddlers to seniors, from stressed families to the handicapped; activities from United Way’s fundraising and Head Start training to checkups, mentoring, physical activity, wellness programs, and family counseling.


How does the CSC Board represent their communities?
The Community Services Coalition (CSC) Board is anchored in the community by a Board of Directors made up of members of the business and/or civic community and local public officials representing the localities we serve. CSC’s Board of Directors set the goals and policies for the agency.

How is CSC funded?
Core funding for CSC comes from the rental revenue of our tenant agencies as well as annual grant’s from James City County, the City of Williamsburg and York County.  These grants allow us to continue to provide service referrals to local residents and house the agencies within our building at subprime rates.

CAAs also receive funds from other local organizations and private contributors. A large portion of these resources are leveraged by County level grants.  Our goal is to devote less than 10 percent of our resources to administration, leaving 90 percent of our resources for programs, upgrades, and building upkeep.

Meet the BOARD